Is there still such a thing as “too much screen time” when you’re stuck indoors with not much else to do? Probably. But you may as well take this time to upgrade your portals to the outside world, like your television, laptop, headphones, and smartwatches. We’ve rounded up a few discounts on such items this week, such as the excellent M1-wielding MacBook Pro and the Razer Kiyo webcam. Take a look.
- 13-Inch MacBook Pro With M1 for $1,239 ($60 off): After using Intel chips for most of the new millennium, Apple finally debuted its own in-house ARM chip in a MacBook. With better performance and much better battery life for the same price as the outgoing Intel-powered Pro, the M1 Mac is the way to go if you’re in the market for a new MacBook. Read our Best MacBooks guide for more.
- Gigabyte Aorus 5 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop With Core i7, RTX 2060, 16 GB for $1,099 ($400 off): With a six-core Intel Core i7 processor, a 512-GB solid-state drive, and Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 2060 video card, this Newegg-exclusive is built to power through demanding games. Its screen has a 144-Hz refresh rate, but the 5-millisecond response time is merely acceptable for fast-paced games like first-person shooters.
- Canon MG3620 Wireless Inkjet Printer for $50 ($30 off): WIRED writer Matt Jancer has used this model for years. It’s one of the few in this price range with wireless printing, but the compromise is that it’s somewhat slow at printing. Thankfully, it’s quick when scanning.
- Logitech Brio 4K Webcam for $200: OK, this is not on sale, but high-quality webcams like the Brio are very hard to find in stock these days. This model is one of our favorites in our Best Webcams guide. Even if you don’t need a 4K resolution, the white balance, picture sharpness, and the ability to adjust the image to a variety of viewing angles are unparalleled.
- Razer Kiyo for $87 ($13): You can buy a separate ring light and another webcam, but this combo saves you some trouble. This is our top webcam pick in our guide, hitting a nice balance with image quality and price. You can adjust the brightness or turn off the light completely by rotating it.